Monday, October 3, 2016

Ghast: Figure 250 of 266

    Because our game club had their 2-day convention, BARRAGE, this past weekend, and I knew I wouldn't have a lot of time to paint, I grabbed the simple Ghast figure from the Grave Danger set to paint up for today's post.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.  
         I began by giving the figure a wash with Reaper "Brown Liner" using a wet brush.  This was to help bring out the details so I could see them better.
   I began painting by doing the entire body with Folk Art "Gray Green", and the clothing remnants with Folk Art "Dark Brown".  I then painted the tongue and mouth with Apple Barrel "Burnt Sienna", and the teeth with Crafter's Acrylic "Daffodil Yellow". After that I painted the belt with Ceramcoat "Walnut".
     Next, I painted the belt buckle with Accent "Princely Pewter", then I let everything dry for a while. I then gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash using a wet brush. When the wash was dry, I painted his eye sockets black, and his eyes with Americana "Buttermilk".  While I had the Buttermilk out, I also used it to do highlights on the teeth.  I then went back and added pupils to the eyes with White.
     Next, I highlighted the skin with the base "Gray Green", and the clothing remnants with Americana "Sable Brown".   I also painted the finger nails with Folk Art "Porcelain White".  Lastly, I painted the figure's integral base with White.
    When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" early the next morning.  Midday, I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics "Snow" flock and the next day I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.
     Not too bad for a quickie figure.  When I get to the ones in the Bones II box, I hopefully can take a little more time with them.

Figure 250 of 266: Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment