I have to say it's been an amazing journey along the way. I've had the chance to experiment with a lot of techniques, and learn a bunch of new things. Starting the blog led me to the Reaper forums where I've met a lot of cool folks. And I've also enjoyed getting to know my readers here on the blog. Hopefully, I've helped and inspired a few of you along the way. And, I don't think I could have gotten to the end if it hadn't been for all the support and feedback I got from you all through the years; so a big "Thank you!" goes out to all of you.
For now though, I'm going to go on a bit of a Bones hiatus for the rest of the year, and concentrate on Christmas and family. I'll be back in January though; with new Bones figures to post and share. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all! Now on to the last figure...
I prepped this figure in the usual way; soaking the figure in water with a bit of dish soap added, giving a gentle scrub with an old soft toothbrush, then rinsing and drying. I glued the figure to a pair of 1.5" black primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue. The washers were large enough that I didn't feel it was necessary to take my usual step of gluing the washers to a tongue depressor for ease of handling.
Since I had just painted the female half of this set a couple weeks ago, I thought I would use the same old D&D Monster Manual inspired Storm Giant paint scheme for this one as well. So, I began by giving the entire figure a wash with heavily thinned Reaper "Blue Liner" using a wet brush. This was to help bring out the details so I could see them better. When the Liner was dry, I painted all his skin with Crafter's Acrylic "African Violet"; and after that, I painted his hair with Crafter's Acrylic "Navy Blue".
I then highlighted the leather strip armor at his waist, the straps of the wrist and shin guards, and the pouch on his front with Folk Art "Dark Brown". And after that I highlighted his belts and the pouch around back with Americana "Mississippi Mud" mixed with a bit of the "Bittersweet Chocolate".
I let the figure dry overnight, and the next morning I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". Later that afternoon I detailed the base, and the following morning I sprayed it with Testor's "Dullcote". When the "Dullcote" was dry, I lightly filed the end of his sword hilt, and then glued a tiny blue nail-art gem to it.
Figure 266 of 266: Complete
Bones 1 Kickstarter: Complete!