Monday, August 1, 2022

The Time Has Come

     As many of my regular readers may have noticed over the last couple months, my posts have become less than regular.  I have found over the course of this past year, my interest in painting Bones figures has dropped considerably.  My attention has been grabbed by other projects, and my Fantasy based gaming has all but dwindled to nothing.  
     I'm not going to say a permanent goodbye, as I don't know if this is temporary; and somewhere down the line I might pick up a Bones figure again and be inspired, or get a new set of rules that spurs my interest and need to paint more of this sort of figure.  
My first completed Bones Kickstarter figures, posted June 27th 2013.
     
     I began this blog in June of 2013 as a means to spur me on to painting the entirety of my Bones 1 purchase, and over the past 9 years it has expanded so much further than what I could have imagined; I've painted figures from 5 Bones Kickstarters now (6 counting the first CAV Kickstarter.)   And it's hard to believe that Bones 6 just finished its campaign a couple months ago.  I haven't purchased much from that on, as even then I was beginning to feel Bones saturated.   
     I want to thank all the readers who have stopped by over the years, and especially those who would leave a comment or two.  It was your enthusiasm that spurred me on over the years.    So, farewell for now.  Hopefully, I'll see you all around the internet. 

 

10 comments:

  1. I have been subscribed since the beginning of bones 1 and i thank you for all the work you have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you for your long term readership!

      Delete
  2. Reading this blog over the years has been amazing. You've done great work. Thanks for blogging this journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the ride. And thank you for your dedicated readership!

      Delete
  3. A few things. I've become very involved with a relatively new rules set and figure line called "Wars of Ozz" https://www.facebook.com/groups/2913158765445476 And , over the years I amassed a lot of terrain projects that kept getting shoved aside in favor of getting Bones finished. I'm now enjoying taking time and working on them. Lastly, I also amassed a lot of random figures, (metal Reaper, other company's stuff, plastic sets that require assembling, etc.) that I seldom got the chance to work on due to the demands of this blog. I'm enjoying painting those and not feeling guilty that I should be painting something Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for all you have put into this blog... even though it has cost me some money for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The end of an era. Thanks for all the inspiration over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog has been a must-read for me since the beginning: inspiring, encouraging and enlightening. Many thanks, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have your page on my home screen. Your stuff has inspired me so greatly and wish you well on all of your endeavours in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear my blog is still providing inspiration! And thank you so much for the well wishes.

      Delete