I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. I cut away the bow and quiver on one of the figures, and gave him a shield and sword instead. I then glued the figures to black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figures to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
Next, I painted the little aprons hanging down under their mail skirts, with Americana "Terra Cotta", and then painted their robes with Americana "Avocado". I then painted their capes with Americana "Forest Green", and their collars with Accent "Mustard Seed". I also used the "Mustard Seed" to paint a design around the hem of their robes.
Then when everything was dry, I gave both figures a complete wash with Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash using a wet brush.
When the Black on the bases was dry, I used some white glue to glue a little sand to the bases. When this was dry, I painted the sand with the Black and then drybrushed the bases with some of the "Neutral Grey", and then some Americana "Dove Grey".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed them with Testor's Dullcote".