This week I finished up the Grave Danger set by painting the Judas Bloodspire, Vampire, figure. This set now joins the list of completed sets over on the right. Also, as noted in the title, this figure is the first of the final 10 countdown.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.
I noticed that with the way he was assembled, his sword fell lower than the actual base of the figure; so, rather than mess with removing the hand or arm and repositioning it, I grabbed a small plaster hex-shaped block I had, and after trimming his base down a little to fit, glued him to the top of it with some Aleene's Tacky glue. I then glued the hex to a white-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue. The inclusion of the small hex riser put the tip of the sword at the perfect height so that it won't hit the table surface.
When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" early the next morning. The next day I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.
Figure 257 of 266: Complete
9 figures left.