Monday, July 28, 2014

Will I Ever Get to Paint Bones Again?!?!

And now another week has gone by without getting any painting done. A multi-day weekend visit from the in-laws put a wrench in my painting plans for this week. :(
   As of now the horizon looks clear, so I am very hopeful for next Monday.  Until them keep your fingers crossed!
  I will paint once again!

Monday, July 14, 2014

Two Week Break

Due to frantic painting of figures for my Historicon games, I was unable to complete a figure last week.  And due to Historicon being this week I will not have a figure for next Monday either.  I'm sorry for the unintended break in production.  Hopefully, I'll be back here on the 28th with the next figure to post.  See you all then.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Horace Action: Figure 102 of 265

   This week, I took a break from painting fantasy, and painted the Horace Action figure from the Zombie Hunters set.
    I  prepped this figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying.  I then glued the figure to a 7/8th inch black-primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue. I then glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer's White Glue
  I began painting, by doing all the skin with Apple Barrel "Apple Flesh".  When this was dry, I went back over the skin areas with Americana "Asphaltum".
Next, I painted the pants and the hair with plain black.
When the black was dry, I went back over it, drybrushing it with Duncan "Slate Blue" to give it highlights.  I then painted the shirt with Folk Art "Metallic Blue Sapphire".
When the shirt was dry, I went over it and added highlights to the raised areas and edges with Folk Art "Pearl Aqua Moire".  I then painted the belt buckle and necklace with Ceramcoat "14K Gold", and the pistol with Ceramcoat "Metallic Pewter"
  I wrapped up the figure by doing the eyes white with black pupils, and added some highlights to the raised areas of the skin with some of the "Asphaltum" with a little of the "Apple Flesh" mixed in.  Lastly, I painted the figure's white base with the "Asphaltum" to make it less visible when flocked.  I let the figure sit overnight, and then gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish".  The next morning I flocked the base, and later that afternoon I gave it a spray coat of Testor's "Dullcote".
  I pleased with how this figure turned out.  I had envisioned doing a satin shirt effect when I first contemplated the figure, and I think it came out really well.

Figure 102 of 265: Complete