I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
Next, I highlighted the cape with some Crafter's Acrylic 'Storm Cloud Grey", and a bit of Americana "Grey Sky". I then did the stitching on the back of the cape with Americana "Charcoal", and highlighted the boots with the "Cinnamon Brown". After that I highlighted the staff with Folk Art "Butter Pecan", and the bowl with Americana "Fawn". I then hit the clasp on the cape and his belt buckle with Accent "Princely Pewter". Lastly, I did some quick highlighting n the patches, and then painted the entire base with the"Mississippi Mud".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. I then used some white glue to glue some fine sand to the base. When the sand was dry, I painted it with a coat of Americana "Raw Umber". When this was dry, I drybrushed the sand with Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige", and then with some of the "Butter Pecan"; lastly I drybrushed it with a little of the "Bleached Sand".
Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote".