This week I completed the IMEF set and painted the Torch McHugh and Sarah Blitzer figures. I now will move on to the Bedeviled set.
I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. I then glued the figures to black-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figures to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figures a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". Then, when that was dry, I spread some white glue on the bases, and dunked them in a sand mixture. When the sand mixture on the bases was dry, I painted the sand first with Americana "Charcoal Grey", then dry brushed it with GW "Khemri Brown", then Ceramcoat "Raw Sienna", and lastly Americana "Buttermilk". The next day, I sprayed the figures with Testors Dullcote".