I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". Then, the following day, I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote. Later that evening, I gave her spearhead a couple coats of Americana "DuraClear Gloss Varnish" to make it look more ice-like. I also painted over the section of base I had earlier painted "Ice Blue", with Distress "Rock Candy" crackle paint. I also, while the crackle paint was still wet, put a hunk of dried "Rock Candy" paint* in the wet paint to look like a large chunk of ice. I set this aside for a couple days for the crackle paint to dry.
When it had dried, I drybrushed it with White paint. I also, at this point, decided I wanted to make the spearhead look a bit more icy, so I added some Woodland Scenics "Water Effects" to the tips. The next day, I flocked the base with Woodland Scenics "Snow" flock.
|Water Effects added to spearhead.|
Figure 190 of 265: Complete
* Several weeks ago, I had poured an eighth of an inch of the "Rock Candy" paint into a small plastic cup, and let it dry. When it had dried, I was able to crack it up into many little ice-like chunks.