I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the figure to a 1" white-primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer's White Glue.
When the ink wash was dry, I began on the highlights. First, I began on the hair; drybrushing it first with Apple Barrel "Apple Maple Syrup", and then Americana "Moon Yellow", and finally adding detail highlights with Americana "Buttermilk". I then painted her eyes and lips and then did the highlights on her skin with the base "Flesh", and then adding a little White to it to do finer highlights.
Next, I painted all the objects in her hair. First, I painted the knife with Ceramcoat "Metallic Pewter", and while I had this color out I used it to paint the tips of her boots. Next, I did the knife handle with the "Burnt Sienna", and while I had this out, I added some highlights to her belts. Next,I did the various beads in her hair. First, with Crafters Acrylic "Christmas Red", which I then used to highlight her top and leggings; and then with White, which I also used to highlight the trim on her top, and the little bit of sleeves at her wrists. Finishing off her head, I painted the tiara-like hair adornment with the "Bronze", and then used some Folk Art "Silver Sterling" to highlight the edges of the knife blade, and the tips of her boots. At this point I mixed some of the Festive Red with some of the "Silver Sterling" and did highlights on her hair ribbons and the one at her half-cape.
I used Crafters Acrylic "Cherry Blossom Pink" to highlight her sleeve wraps and loin hanging. And then I used American "Dove Grey" to highlight her half-cape. I then worked on her staff, using the base colors to highlight all the ribbons. I highlighted the little object she is holding with the base "Dark Turquoise" and then added some White reflective highlights. I next did the highlights on the little bit of pants showing with the base " Storm Cloud Grey", and then did highlights on her her boots with Crafters Edition "Spice Brown". While I had the Spice Brown out, I also did some highlights on the twigs at the end of her staff. I then highlighted the various bits and bobs at her waist with their base colors. Lastly, I used some Cermacoat "14K Gold to highlight all the objects I had painted with the "Bronze". I finished off by painting her base White.
When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". The next morning I flocked the base with Woodland Scenics "Snow" flock. Late that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.The figure I'm using as my older Wizard, is more jaded and knows the wisdom of sometimes using camouflage and blending in.