Today we pass a mile marker on our journey by entering double digit figures, with this my 10th featured BONES on the blog. Considering the large number of Orcs I have, counting the ones in the Original 30 BONES,and the Orcapoclaypse set I ordered, I felt it was high time I figured out my paint scheme for them. So, I selected one of the Orcs from the Original 30 set to be my test Orc. He was also my first test with spray primering with Krylon Camouflage with Fusion Flat Black. I sprayed him several weeks ago, soon after my Vampire box had arrived and he was still not tacky, so I felt it was safe to paint him as my test subject.
The first step I did in painting him was to give the whole figure a heavy drybrushing with Ceramcoat "Metallic Pewter". I then painted his skin with Aleene's "Deep Khaki" and his tunic with Folk Art "Barn Red". All straps and the grip on his sword I did with Americana "Charcoal Grey" After all this had dried, I gave the entire figure a wash with GW "Devlan Mud" wash.
I'm very pleased with how the figure turned out with what is, in reality, a very basic and easy paint job. It is a testament to the sculpting that it responds so well to drybrushing and simple highlighting; resulting in a figure which I feel has a lot of character. Now that I am happy with this test figure, I can start work on some of the other Orcs. Hopefully in groups of multiples.
Figure 10 of 265: Complete.