I prepped this figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the figure to a 1" black-primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer's White Glue.
I began painting by giving her a wash with thinned black ink with a tiny pin-point drop of dishsoap added to help it flow into the crevices and help show the sculpting outlines.
After the ink had dried thoroughly, I went about adding the highlights. First, I painted her eyes; doing black sockets, then the whites, then black pupils. I then did highlights on her face, first with the base "Shading Flesh", then I mixed in some Apple Barrel"Apple Flesh" to do some lighter highlights. I then mixed some "Shading Flesh" with some of the "Burgundy, and painted her lips. I added a little white, and did lip highlights. I used the base "Burnt Orange" to highlight her hair, and then a bit of the "Raw Sienna" to do lighter hair highlights.
Next I used the base "Burgundy to highlight her outfit, then mixed some white in do do lighter highlights. I then used the "Burgundy" to highlight the cloak. I used the base Raw Sienna to highlight her leggings, belts, and gloves; and the base "Burnt Sienna" to highlight her armor. I did highlights on her boots with the base "Barnyard Red".
I now worked on finishing up the metals, first highlighting the parts I had painted "Bronze" with Cermacoat "14K Gold"; and then doing highlights on the sword blade and metal crossbow parts with Folk Art "Silver Sterling". Lastly, I painted her white integral base with the Americana "Mississippi Mud".
I let the figure sit overnight, and the next morning I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". Later that afternoon I flocked the base. The next day I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.
Figure 139 of 265: Complete