This week I painted two more on the We Be Goblins! Pathfinder Goblins Set. I prepped them in the usual way; soaking in water with a bit of dish soap added, giving a gentle scrub with an old soft toothbrush, then rinsing and drying. I then glued them to 7/8" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washers to a tongue depressor with a couple small dabs of Elmer's white glue, for ease of handling during painting.
To begin with, I painted their skin with Anita's "Baby Blue". When this was dry, I gave the skin areas a wash with thinned Iron Wind Metals "Blue Ink".
When the ink wash was completely dry, I began painting the Goblins' outfits. I started with painting their tunics with DecoArt "Cinnamon Brown". Then I painted their loin "hangings/skirts" with Folk Art "Barnyard Red". Next, I did their "armor" plates, and the Archer's quiver, with Accent "Mustard Seed". Their leggings I painted Folk Art "Butter Pecan", and their wrist wraps I painted Citadel Foundation "Dheneb Stone".
Now I worked on some of the detail bits. First, I painted the hat on the left-hand Goblin with Folk Art "Golden Harvest". I painted their teeth Americana "Buttermilk", and the assorted teeth hanging around their necks I painted with the "Buttermilk" as well. I also used the Buttermilk" to paint the skull on the Archer Goblin. I painted the Archer's tongue with Americana "Wedgwood Blue". Next, I painted the cords on the "armor" plates and hat, the quiver strap, and the necklace cords with Ceramcoat "Maple Sugar Tan". I painted the feathers on the left-hand Goblin's hat with Folk Art "Burgundy" as well as the fletchings on the Archer's arrows, and the pouches they both have on their rear belts with Anita's "Burnt Sienna". I painted the bow and the arrow shafts with Americana "Mississippi Mud", the tips of the bow with Folk Art "Barn Wood", and the sword grip with Americana "Asphaltum". Lastly, I painted the rock the left-hand Goblin has his foot on with Folk Art "Medium Grey"
I now painted the sword with Ceramcoat "Metallic Pewter". I then painted the ball on the sword hilt with Folk Art "Metallic Blue Sapphire". When everything had had time to dry, I went back and carefully applied GW "Agrax Earthshade" wash to all the parts that weren't blue skin. I was as careful as I could be not to let it run onto the blue skin, except I applied small amounts to their eye sockets and mouths.
After the wash had had time to dry, I went back and added highlights. I began by highlighting the skin with the original "Baby Blue". This allowed me to cover any mistakes where the wash had gotten onto the blue. Next, I added eyes with the "Buttermilk", and then added black pupils. I also used the "Buttermilk" to highlight the teeth and bones. I highlighted the tongue with a mix of the "Wedgwood" and the "Baby Blue". I then used the original clothing/armor colors to add highlights to all they were wearing. Lastly, I highlighted the blade of the sword with Folk Art "Silver Sterling". My final step was to paint the figures' bases and washers with white.
I let the Goblins sit overnight, and the next morning I gave them a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". Later that afternoon I flocked their bases, using Woodland Scenics snow flocking. The next day I gave them a coat of Testor's "Dullcote" spray varnish.
Another two fine looking Goblins. Jut the one girl Goblin yet to go.
Figures 129 & 130: Complete