|Straight from the Bones 3 Kickstarter shipping box.|
Anyhow, at that point, I had just applied a first coat of Anita's "Violet" to the body. I later followed up by painting his underside with Folk Art "Milkshake". I then mixed a little of the "Violet" and "Milkshake" together and painted the area along the edges where the scales and underside meet to help give a natural blending to where the two colors meet on the body. After that, I painted the base of the teeth with Americana "Antique White".
Next, I painted the open mouth with Crafter's Acrylic "Tutti Frutti". Here again, I mixed some of the "Violet" and "Tutti Frutti" together to blend the area where the two colors meet on the body, to help make it look more natural. I then painted the teeth themselves with Americana "Bleached Sand", and the spine hooks on the body with Ceramcoat "Black".
Then, I painted the base with Americana "Mississippi Mud". I let everything dry for awhile, and then I went back and applied some Citadel "Reikland Fleshshade" wash to the inside of the mouth. When that was dry, I applied Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash to the rest of the body and the base. Another drying period, and I came back and applied Citadel 'Nuln Oil" to the very center of the mouth, and to the undersides of all the body armor plate joints.
I then turned to the base, drybrushing it first with Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige", and then with Folk Art "Butter Pecan". I then gave it a very light drybrush with the "Bleached Sand". Then, looking at it, I felt the cracks between the chunks of earth did not have enough shadow in them from the "Agrax Earthshade" wash to look like really deep fissures; so I went in and applied Reaper MSP "Brown Liner" directly in all the crevices.
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base, trying just to apply it to the tops of the chunks of ground, and not in any of the fissures. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the beast with Testor's Dullcote". When the Dullcote was dry, I repainted the inside of his mouth with Americana "DuraClear Gloss Varnish".