To go way back to the beginning, the first thing I did before I even started the conversion work, was to soak the parts in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then I gave them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsed and dried them. I then did all the conversions.
My first step to begin the painting process was to spray all the parts with Krylon with Fusion "Flat Black" spray paint.
Lastly, I painted the top, just like I had painted the other parts. However, there were some additions here: There was an octopus around the back which I painted with a Reaper MSP mis-match sample that is kind of a salmon orangish color, and a paper handbill which I painted with Americana "Bleached Sand". The skeleton I painted with Americana "Antique White", and the succubus I painted with Folk Art "Tomato Red". I painted the gold coins with the "Bronze"
After the "Nuln Oil" wash was dry, I did the highlights as outlined on the other parts above. I also highlighted the handbill with the "Light Antique White", and did a little freehand writing on it with some Americana "Raw Umber". The skeleton I highlighted with the "Bleached Sand", and the Succubus I highlighted with the base "Tomato Red".
When I was done painting the figure, I glued all the parts together with Gorilla superglue. I then used some white glue to glue a coarse sand mix to the base. When this was dry, I painted the whole base with the "Raw Umber"; then, when that was dry, I drybrushed the base with the "Territorial Beige", then with some of the "Antique White", and lastly with some of the "Bleached Sand". When dry, I glued on some tiny seashells, a little flocking, and some plastic foliage bits.
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote". When the Dullcote was dry, I superglued some tiny gems onto the gold pile in the upper hull.