This past week I worked on the Brain in a Jar figure from the Bones 3 Stoneskull Expansion. This was one of the figures that most draw me to this expansion set, as I saw uses for it in everything from Fantasy, to Victorian Sci-Fi, to Pulp, to regular Sci-Fi.
It also reminded me very much of my own Brain-in-a-thing creation I had done several years ago with my "They Saved Hitlers Brain" project.
I prepped this figures in the usual way; soaking the parts in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them.
I was first concerned that the figure's three legs might sag under its own weight, I took a black primed 2" fender washer on which I had glued a piece of card over the center hole before priming, and glued a small section of sprue from one of the clear weapons sets to the center with a little Aleene's Tacky glue. This would act as a support for the center of the figure. I then glued the three legs to the washer with the Tacky glue. I then used Gorilla superglue to glue the brain to the top piece and the clear chamber bottom to the leg piece.
Lastly, I painted the washer base with Americana "Neutral Grey".
I let the parts dry overnight and the next day I gave the top of the jar, and the base of the walker a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the two pieces with Testor's Dullcote". When the Dullcote was dry, I glued the pieces together with the clear cylinder using Gorilla Superglue.