This past week I finished up the Dragon Plant figure from the Bones 3 Stoneskull Expansion set. Since I had really liked how my Death Star Lilies had turned out, I thought I would use a similar color scheme. This would also give me the option of using them as a mother and babies at some point.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking the parts in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. When dry, I assembled the figure with Gorilla Superglue. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 2" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
Lastly, I painted the washer base with Ceramcoat "Walnut".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next morning I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. When that was dry, I flocked the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".