This past week I painted Jurden, Half-Orc Paladin , from the Bones 3 Heroes I Set. A few weeks ago I had used him as one of my first test weapon-swap figures, and I thought it was about time I actually painted one of them. In looking at this figure, there wasn't anything particularly orc-ish about it, so I decided to just paint it as a regular human.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
Lastly, I painted the figure's integral base with Ceramcoat "Walnut".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave him a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish, being careful not to get any on the sword blade. When dry, I flocked the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed him with Testor's Dullcote". Before spraying though, I taped a piece of folded paper over the sword blade to protect it from the spray paint.