Thursday, September 8, 2016

Damien, Hellborn Wizard: Figure 243 of 266

     This week I also painted Damien, Hellborn Wizard from the Dark Heroes set, which completes that set.  It now joins the list of completed sets over on the right.
     I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
       I began by giving the figure a wash with Reaper "Blue Liner" using a wet brush.  This was to help bring out the details so I could see them better.   When that was dry, I painted all his skin with Crafter's Acrylic "African Violet".  Next, I painted his pants with Crafter's Acrylic Cinnamon Brown, and then painted his coat with Ceramcoat "Opaque Red".
     Next, I painted his boots, coat interior, shoulders, and lapels, hair, belts and pouches, and what appear to be shirt cuffs? all with Black.  I then painted his staff with Folk Art "Gray Green", and the rock on top with Ceramcoat "Black Cherry".   After that, I painted his coat cuff strips, necklaces, buttons, and buckles all with Accent "Mustard Seed".  I then painted his horns with Folk Art "Cloudy Day".
        I went back and repainted his coat cuff stripes, necklaces, buttons, and buckles all with Ceramcoat "Bronze".  After that had a while to dry, I gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash using a wet brush.   When the wash was dry, I painted his eyes, using the "Black Cherry" for the pupils, and then highlighted his skin with a mix of the African Violet and Apple Barrel "Apple Lavender".  
     Next, I highlighted his coat with the base "Opaque Red", and then highlighted his pants with Crafter's Edition "Spice Brown".  I drybrushed his boots, coat lapels, and shoulder pads, all with Americana "Zinc", and then highlighted his hair with Citadel "The Fang".  I then highlighted his staff by drybrushing it with the base "Gray Green", and then highlighted the rock with some Americana "Cranberry Wine".  I then highlighted his horns with some of the base "Cloudy Day" mixed with a little Crafter's Acrylic "Light Antique White".   After that I highlighted his coat cuff stripes, necklaces, buttons, and buckles all with Ceramcoat "14K Gold".  Lastly, I painted his base with Ceramcoat "Walnut".
     I let the figure dry over night and the next day I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" and, when dry, flocked the base.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".

I'm happy with how the figure turned out.  I tried going with some bold color choices and in the end I think they worked.
     Next up I'll be starting the Iconics II Pathfinder Miniatures set.

Figure 243 of 266: Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment