I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the troll to a 2" black-primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue. The 2" washer was big enough to just hand hold, so I didn't glue it to a tongue depressor.
I then moved to the club and carefully drybrushed the tips of the thorn spikes with Black. Then as carefully as I could I tried to drybrush the base wood of the club with some of the "Barn Wood" color. I then highlighted the cord wrapped around the club, as well as the cord at his waist with the base "Gray Green". I finished up by drybrushing the fish scales with Folk Art "Silver Sterling", then I painted his integral base with Ceramcoat "Walnut".
I let the figure dry over night and the next day I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". When dry, I flocked the base then glued on a small stick and some grass tufts. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".
Figure 248 of 266: Complete