I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking the pieces in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. Next, I assembled the figure using Gorilla Superglue gel. I then glued the figure to a 3" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue. In my rush to begin, I forgot to pre-prime the washer; so after I glued the figure on, I painted the washer with a brush on clear primer. The washer didn't fit in my painting grip, so I hand held the washer for painting.
Next, I painted the horns with Americana "Wedgewood Blue", and then painted the mouth with Crafter's Acrylic "Tutti Frutti". I then painted the teeth with Crafter's Acrylic "Light Antique White", and the claws with Reaper MSP "Frosty Blue".
Next, I drybrushed the back and body crest with Folk Art "Color Shift "Green Flash", and then drybrushed the belly scales with the base "Celadon Green", and then a little Americana "Snow White". I then hit each claw with a dab of the "Celadon Green" as well. After that, I highlighted the legs with a mix of the "Tropical Blue", and Crafter's Acrylic "Cool Blue". I worked on the head next, highlighting the mouth with Crafter's Acrylic "Cherry Blossom Pink", and the teeth with the "Snow White". I then highlighted the horns with Ceramcoat "Denim Blue". After that, I painted the eyes with Crafter's Acrylic "Margarita " and gave them Black pupils, and then used the Black to paint in the nostrils as well. Lastly, I painted the entire base with Americana "Mississippi Mud".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote". When the Dullcote was dry, I painted the eyes with Americana "DuraClear Gloss Varnish".
I'm really happy how this figure turned out. I have to say though, the way it corkscrews around and has legs sticking out everywhere, it was a bit of challenge to paint. This is one that might benefit from being painted disassembled first; or maybe assembled into top and bottom halves before painting.