I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a white-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
I then gave him a wash with Reaper "Grey Liner" using a wet brush.
Next, I highlighted his pants with Americana "Burgundy Wine", and then highlighted his cape with Citadel "The Fang". I highlighted his belt and pouches with Crafter's Edition "Spice Brown". I then worked on the eye, painting the iris first with Americana "Leaf Green", and then did a splotchy pattern on it with Folk Art "Metallic Emerald Green". Next, I painted the pupil black, and then cleaned up the edges of the white of the eye with "Light Antique White". I added a highlight with White. I then repainted all the parts I had painted earlier with Mustard Seed", using Ceramcoat "Bronze", and then added highlights with Ceramcoat "14K Gold". Lastly, I painted the figure's integral base White, and used the White to clean up any spattered paint on the washer base
When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" early the next morning. Midday, I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics "Snow" flock and the next day I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.the Apprentice I finished earlier make a pretty good "odd couple" Soothsayer pair.