Monday, July 11, 2016

Hajad, Pirate: Figure 229 of 266

  This weekend I finished up the Hajad, Pirate, figure from the Pirates set.
  I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then I gave it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsed and dried it.  Next, I glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
I began by painting his skin with Americana "Shading Flesh".  When that was dry, I gave it a thinned coat of Americana "Bittersweet Chocolate".  Next, I painted his wrist cuffs, and his sword hilt with Accent "Golden Harvest",  and then did his vest with Apple Barrel "Apple Maple Sugar".
I then painted his pants with Americana "Dove Grey", and then did his  sash with "Wedgewood Blue".  Next, I painted the treasure chest with Folk Art "Dark Brown". I painted his belt and the grip on the dagger with Black, then painted his sword blade, dagger, belt buckle, and the fittings on the chest with Americana "Zinc".
Next, I painted thick stripes on his pants with Crafter's Acrylic "Navy Blue",  and then did thinner stripes down the middle of the "Navy Blue" ones using Apple Barrel "Yellow". I then painted his sword blade, dagger, belt  buckle and treasure chest fittings with Folk Art Metallics "Gun Metal".  After everything had a while to dry, I gave the entire figure a wash with GW "Badab BLack" wash using a wet brush.
When the wash was dry, I painted his eyes.  I then highlighted his pants with White, and his sash with Crafter's Acrylic "Tropical Blue".  I highlighted his vest with Americana "Buttermilk". I then painted his sword hilt, and writ cuffs with Ceramcoat Bronze, and then did highlights with Ceramcoat "14K Gold".  I highlighted his sword and dagger blades as well as the belt buckle and treasure chest fittings with Folk Art Metallic "Silver Sterling".   Lastly, I painted the entire  base with Americana "Mississippi Mud".
      After the figure had overnight to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish".   The next morning I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.
    I'm happy with how he turned out.  I could have spent more time with evening up his pants stripes, but since he is just for gaming purposes, I think they will do well enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment