This past week, I worked on painting the Dragon Hatchlings from the Bones II Dragon Hatchlings set. I decided I wanted to use them as large dragons for my 10mm armies for "Bear Yourselves Valiantly" mass-combat fantasy rules, so I ordered a couple extra from Reaper so I could make a unit of 5, and have one left over to base normally for 28mm gaming purposes. Also, since they were being used in a unit, I decided I would paint them all in a standard green dragon scheme rather than mess with all the polychromatic differences indicated in their individual names.
I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. I then glued five of the figures to steel bases (4 to a pair of unit sized 3" x 1.5" bases, and one to an HQ sized 1.5" x 1.5" base), and one to a 1" fender wash, all with Aleene's Tacky glue. I then glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue each.
After everything had dried overnight, I gave the figures a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" and, when dry, flocked their bases. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed them with Testor's Dullcote".