This week I painted up one of the Simba quadruped mech figures that I got from the CAV: SO Kickstarter.
I prepped the figure by soaking all the parts for a few hours in a bowl with a little bit of dish-soap added, and then scrubbed them with a soft toothbrush and let them dry. I then assembled the model with Gorilla Superglue.
After the vehicle had overnight to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" early the next morning. When the varnish was dry, I covered the base with white glue and dunked it in a sand and gravel mixture. When the sand was dry, I painted it with the "Raw Umber", and then when that was dry, I drybrushed it with Americana "Territorial Beige", followed by Folk Art "Butter Pecan", and lastly Americana "Bleached Sand".
The next day I sprayed the piece with Testor's Dullcote.