This week I finished up the Pathfinder Red Dragon which was a Bones I Add-On option. I picked this fellow up recently in a trade; and since he wasn't part of my original Bones I purchase, I'm not adding him to the official count.
We plan to use a dragon or two in our next Frostgrave game, so I thought I would paint him up in winter colors. I thought the ruins on his base were an ideal fit for the Frostgrave setting.
I prepped the figure by soaking all the parts for a few hours in a bowl with a little bit of dish-soap added, and then scrubbed them with a soft toothbrush and let them dry. I then assembled the model with Gorilla Superglue. I used a little Milliput to fill the gaps around where the wings joined the body. Next, I glued the finished dragon to a 2" white-primed fender washer.
When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" early the next morning. Midday, I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics "Snow" flock and the next day I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.