Readers may remember that last week I posted a test paint of one of the Pathfinder Goblin Pyros as a Christmas Elf. Well, this week I painted up three more Pathfinder Goblins as Christmas Elves to complete the Thief contingent for my Santa themed Enchanter warband for Frostgrave.
I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. I took one of the torch-wielding ones and sliced off the torch flush with the hand, drilled out the hand, and inserted a piece of bent paperclip wire to represent a candy cane. I then glued each figure to a white-primed 1" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue. I then glued the washers to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue each.
Like with my test figure, since the goblins/elfs had bear feet, I used a glob of the Tacky glue on the front of each foot to help obscure the toe delineations.
I began by painting the faces and hands with Crafter's Acrylic "Flesh".
Next, I painted the swords with Crafter's Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey" and used Black to paint in the holes in the swords. I then used a little GW "Badab Black" wash on the area where the rivets connect the sword to their grips. Next, I used Americana "Zinc" to paint all the areas of stitching on their armor. I then painted the little balls on their sword grips: the first one I did with the "Holiday Green", the second with Crafter's Edition "Purple Passion", and the third with Crafter's Acrylic "Bright Blue".
Lastly, I worked on the flame on the torch. I started by painting the base of the flame, and the very tips of the flame, with Black. I then worked from the flame's base, upwards, using: Crafter's Acrylic "Daffodil Yellow", Crafter's Acrylic "Pure Pumpkin", the "Christmas Red", and then some Ceramcoat "Black Cherry". I applied these colors in fast succession so the paint would still be wet with each successive color allowing me to blend them together. After this, I wrapped things up by painting the figures' bases with White.
When everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figures a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" early the next morning. Midday, I flocked the white areas with Woodland Scenics "Snow" flock and late that afternoon I sprayed the figures with Testor's Dullcote.