Friday, May 20, 2016

A Bones Conversion: Making a New Female Apprentice For Frostgrave

   For those of you who have been following along with my Frostgrave Campaign (See: Frostgrave Game Four), that I post about on my other blog; you'll know that in the last game my Illusionist Apprentice was killed.  I like whenever possible to actually use new figures to replace those killed, or promoted; but as I pawed through my Bones stash I became aware that I had no female wizard figures suitably attired for exploring a frozen ruined city.  Most of them wear very skimpy, drapey, outfits.  So, when I came across the Highland Heroine figure in her nice warm-looking layered outfit, I thought that perhaps she would make a good wizard's apprentice.  So, I then looked for a suitable sorceress who's staff I could borrow, and I found the Sarah, the Seeress, figure.
      I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then I gave them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsed and dried them. Then, as I studied the two figures, the immediate problem I found was that the Highland Heroine has very small delicate hands and I wasn't sure I would be able to drill them out to insert the staff.  So I decided to leave Sarah's hand attached to the staff, and use that to replace the Heroine's right hand, and then cut the staff in two, and glue the lower section to the Heroine's other hand.  I cut away the sword and the Heroine's right hand, and then ended up having to cut away a bit of the underside of the Heroine's left forearm to get the lower half of the staff to fit, and it still is almost as round as her clenched hand.  I used Gorilla Superglue to glue all the parts together.    I'm pleased with how the conversion turned out.
     I like that she looks like a tough-as-nails wizard who isn't afraid to use either end of her staff when the fighting gets close-quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment