Let the fanfare play; here we are at figure 200! It feels good to hit another milestone on this adventure! It seems all down hill from here, with only 66 figures left to go. With some real determination I think I get this done by the end of the year. So without further ado, on to figure 200! This past week I completed Liela, Dark Elf Wizard, from the Dark Elves set. With the completion of this figure, I have only one left from this set to paint.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washer-mounted figure to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue.
I then painted her knee and elbow armor, as well as her headband and some of the dingle-dangles on her belt, with Ceramcoat "Metallic Copper". When the "Metallic Copper" was dry, I gave it a wash with some GW "Agrax Earthshade" wash. When the wash was dry, I went back and added some highlights with the base "Metallic Copper". I then painted the dagger she's holding, as well as metal parts on the daggers in the scabbards she's wearing, with Folk Art Metallics "Gunmetal Grey". I then did highlights on the metal with the "Silver Sterling". I painted the dagger grips Black, and then did quick highlights on them with the "Navy Blue". Lastly, I painted her integral base with Ceramcoat "Walnut".
After the figure had overnight to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" the following morning. Later that morning I flocked the base, and that evening I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.
Figure 200 of 266: Complete. On to the last 66!