This week I also painted the Burrowing Horror figure from the Bones II Core Set as part of my continuing effort to work on some of the larger figures from this Kickstarter. While this is a nifty figure, and certainly quick to paint, it suffers from a lack of any kind of dynamic aspect to its pose.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the troll to a 2" black-primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue. The 2" washer was big enough to just hand hold, so I didn't glue it to a tongue depressor.
After the figure had the afternoon to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" in the evening. The next morning I flocked the base, and later that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.