As with the first Sharkman, the figure was easy to pry from its base with a little help from a hobby knife. And with some two-part epoxy putty I made a small boulder for the Sharkman's right foot to sit on, and filed the space under the left foot where it's peg no longer fit directly into it's mounting hole. I also filled the small gaps at his shoulders.
I wanted to do something a little different with this second one. The first Sharkman I painted just like a normal shark would look: so this one I wanted to do more as a creature who had adapted to life on dry land. Perhaps a desert world where all the oceans had dried up. In keeping with that, I wanted to do this one in more a brown scheme like he had evolved to blend in with the surrounding rocks and landscape. For fun, I thought I would keep a little bit of his ancestor's grey coloring in his tail.
I began by painting his upper body with Americana "Mississippi Mud". I then painted his tail with Crafters Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey". Next, I mixed some of these two colors together and worked on blending them on his body, so the color change from the brown body to the grey tail appeared natural. I then took some of the "Storm Cloud Grey" and added some spots gradually extending from the tail on to the body. I also added some spots to the top of the fin. I then painted his undersides with Crafters Edition "Taupe". His open mouth I painted with Crafters Acrylic "Cherry Blossom Pink".
I then painted all the shells and other baubles hanging on his wrist guards with an assortment of yellows, grays, and blues I grabbed haphazardly off my painting table. I also painted the rock he's standing on with GW "Khemri Brown".
After the wash was dry, I drybrushed the Sharkman's upper body with the base "Mississippi Mud" and then painted highlight details with the lighter Americana "Khaki". I highlighted the underside body with the base "Taupe". His mouth I highlighted with the base "Cherry Blossom Pink", and his teeth I highlighted with the base "Buttermilk" first, and then some Crafters Acrylic "Light Antique White". His claws I highlighted with the base "Milkshake". His eyes I painted Black and then added a tiny pinpoint White dot to each.
His sharktooth weapon I drybrushed with the base "Porcelain White" on the pointy part, and the base "Dark Grey" on the bottom. His wood wrist guards I drybrushed with the base "Barn Wood". The wrist under-wraps I highlighted with the base "Barnyard Red", and the baubles were all highlighted in their base colors as well.
After the figure had the afternoon to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" in the evening. The next morning I brushed white glue all over the the base and dipped it in a sand mixture. When the sand mixture was dry, I painted it with Cermacoat "Walnut". When the "Walnut" was dry, I drybrushed it with the same colors I had used on the rock: "Khemri Brown" "Golden Oxide" and "Buttermilk". I then glued on a couple clumps of dried grasses. Later that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.