This week I also completed the Mountain Troll from the Bones II, Expansion Pack 1. I tend to hesitate to select the large figures to do, as I somehow find the prospect of painting them intimidating; and I want to try and make more of an effort to work on them in the future. This guy, for all his size, was a nice easy figure to complete.
I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the troll to a 2" black-primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue. The 2" washer was big enough to just hand hold, so I didn't glue it to a tongue depressor.
After the figure had the afternoon to dry, I gave it a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish" in the evening. The next morning I flocked the base, and later that afternoon I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.