I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the figure to a 1" black-primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer's White Glue.
I then highlighted the skin with the base "Poppy Seed", and then I took some Folk Art "Porcelain White" and highlighted the sutures down her front and gently drybrushed the teeth with this color to help define them better. I highlighted the drapings with the base "Light Antique White". I highlighted the blue areas with the base "True Blue", and the red parts with the base "Deep Tomato Red". All the ornamentations and decorations that I had painted with the "Bronze", I highlighted with Ceramcoat "14K Gold". Lastly, I painted the figure's white integral base with Ceramcoat Walnut.
After everything had overnight to dry, I gave the figure a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". That afternoon I gave the base a coat of Elmer's white glue, and dunked it in a sand mixture. When the sand had dried, I gave it a coat of the "Walnut" paint that I had heavily thinned. When this was dry, I drybrushed the sand with first, Americana "Khaki Tan", an then Americana "Buttermilk". That evening I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote.
I'm pleased with how the figure turned out, and I am happy to be done painting mummies for a while. :)
Figure 158 of 265; Complete