So, with a plan in mind, I began. I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the figures to 1" black-primed fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and glued the washers to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer's White Glue.
I began by painting the entire figure with Ceramcoat "Walmut" I then took some Crafers Eidtion "Spice Brown", and with an old brush applied it lightly, with a stippling action, to the edges, and creases in the armor. Anywhere that moisture might sit and gather.
I let the figures sit all day, and that evening I gave them a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". The next morning I flocked their bases, and late that afternoon I sprayed them with Testor's "Dullcote" spray varnish.