I prepped the figure in the usual way; soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish- soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying. I then glued the figure to a 2" brown-primed (It was brown because it was left over from another project and was the only washer I had on hand that would fit this large figure.) fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue. I didn't need to glue the washer to a tongue depressor as it was big enough to hold easily in my hand while painting.
When the ink was dry, I drybrushed the entire figure with Americana "Salem Blue".
I then dry brushed the figure with White, trying mainly to hit the edges and tips of the waves.
After the figure had overnight to dry, I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Gloss" Varnish. When this was dry, I flocked the base. I let the flock dry, and then I painted some of the DuraClear Gloss" Varnish on the flock immediately around the figure to give the impression of a wet area on the ground around the elemental.