Monday, September 30, 2019

Townsfolk, Farmer: Bones 4 Figure

   This past week, because it was the weekend of our club's regional gaming convention, BARRAGE, and I knew time would be scarce; I picked a relatively simple figure to paint, and did the Townsfolk Farmer from the Bones 4 Townsfolk Set.
      I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
      I began by painting his face and hands with Americana "Mocha".  I then did his tunic with Americana "Asphaltum", and his pants with Vallejo "Brown Violet"
      Next, I painted his hood with Folk Art "Dapple Grey", and his leggings with Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige".  After that, I did his shoes (as well as the whole base) with Americana "Mississippi Mud", the shaft of his hoe with Reaper MSP "Turkey Brown", and the head of the hoe with Americana "Zinc".
     I then painted his belt with Accent "Real Umber", his buckle with Accent "Princely Pewter", and the head of the hoe with Folk Art Metallics "Gunmetal Grey".   After that, I let everything dry for a while, and then gave his face and hands a coat of Citadel "Reikland Fleshshade" wash.  When that was dry, I gave the rest of the figure a coat of Citadel "Agrax Earthsahde" wash".     When the washes were dry, I painted his eyes, and then highlighted his skin with Crafter's Acrylic "Flesh". 
    I then highlighted his hood with Folk Art "Grey Green", his tunic with the "Territorial Beige", and his pants with some of the base "Brown Violet" mixed with some Americana "Jade Green".  After that, I highlighted his leggings with Americana "Khaki Tan", and his shoes with Folk Art "Barn Wood".    Lastly, I painted the entire base with "Americana "Mississippi Mud".
      I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish.    Then, when  the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to cover the base with a mix of dried coffee grounds and sand to look like fresh dirt.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor's "Dullcote".  

     A simple figure, but I'm happy with how he turned out.

8 comments:

  1. Nice! Suitably muted colours for the model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A simple figure" who swings a deadly hoe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, many a pesky rabbit has known his wrath!

      Delete
  3. Classic figure! I painted the metal one, and I really like it aside from his short right arm.

    Bones V? I pledged $1, but it may go up... (I did resist last time, and have a few regrets!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I noticed the arm. I figured it was either the result of an old battle injury or a deformity he was born with...either which lead to his life as a farmer and not an adventurer...

      I'm in for the $120 Core at the moment. It's sure to go up!

      Delete
  4. I like the simple colors for the farmer, and those eyes seem strangely piercing. I just recently painted mine up as an apprentice for Frostgrave, just removing the bottom of the hoe to make it a staff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrew! He would make a great apprentice! Good choice!

      Delete