Monday, August 26, 2019

Dreadmere Townsfolk, Crone: Bones 4 Dreadmere Figure

   This past week I painted the Dreadmere Townsfolk, Crone, from the Bones 4 Dreadmere Expansion.
    I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued her to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmers glue.
     I began by painting the face, arms, and legs with an unnamed Reaper MSP Sample Paint. (Christened "Valkyrie Cheekbone" on the Facebook page.)  I then painted the skirt with Folk Art "Poppy Seed", and the blouse with Apple Barrel "Apple Maple Syrup".  After that, I painted the shoes with Reaper MSP HD "Umber Brown".
      Next, I painted her pouch with Americana "Asphaltum", and her walking stick with Americana "Mississippi Mud".  While I had this color out, I also used it to paint the entire base. After that I painted her scarf with Americana "Zinc".  I let the figure dry for a while, and then gave the whole thing a coat of Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash. 
     When the wash was dry, I painted her eyes, and then applied a little Citadel "Reikland FLeshshade" wash to her lips.  I then highlighted her skin with some of the Sample Paint, mixed with some Ceramcoat "White" and added some eyebrows with Americana "NeutralGrey".  After that, I highlighted her blouse with Apple Barrel  "Lemon Chiffon", and highlghted her skirt with Folk Art "Dapple Grey".
     Next, I highlighted the scarf with some Crafter's Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey", and used some of the "Mississippi Mud" to highlight her shoes.  I then highlighted her pouch with Nicole's "Brown", and her walking stick with Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige".
      I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish.    Then, when  the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base.  Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's "Dullcote".


     This  is a nice simple figure with a lot of character, and was a nice simple one to paint.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work.

    It occurred to me that many of these Dreadmere folk could be painted as zombies pretty easily, they already have the ragged clothing and hunched postures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a very good point, Lasgunpacker. Yes, with some quick modification here and there, they'd make a great group of characterful zombies.

      Delete
  2. Excellent, such character.
    She'd also make a good Hag (in the monster sense)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, misterc! And, yes, I agree she would be a good Hag.

      Delete