I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued him to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmers glue.
I then painted the sword, leg armor, and the chain mail on his shoulders, with Ceramcoat "Metallic Silver". Next, I painted the scabbard and the metal on the pistol with Folk Art Metallics "Gunmetal Grey", and the badges, amulets, and cross with Ceramcoat "14K Gold". Then after everything had time to dry, I gave the entire figure a wash with Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash. When the wash was dry, I highlighted his face with a mix of Crafter's Acrylic "Flesh" with the base "Shadow Flesh", and I highlighted his hair with some Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige". After that, I highlighted his red clothing with some Crafter's Acrylic "Orange Spice".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's "Dullcote".