I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and when dry, glued the washer to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer's glue.
I then painted his belts and pouches with Americana "Asphaltum", his canteen with Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige", and his scabbard with Apple Barrel "Burnt Sienna". Next, I painted the back tucked in his belt with Americana "Mississippi Mud", and his staff with Americana "Light Cinnamon". After that, I painted the metal parts of his staff and his scabbard/sword handle, as well as the chain around his canteen, with Americana "Zinc".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's "Dullcote".
I plan to have the terrapin done for Thursday, so check in then to see the pair together.