I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added and then rinsing and drying. I wanted there to be a little variety in the figures, so with one of the swordsmen of each pose, I cut the sword arm at the elbow and reglued it, with Gorilla Superglue gel, at a slightly different angle to give a different look to the figure. I also did this with the archers. I then glued the figures to 1" black-primed fender washers with some of the Gorilla Superglue Gel glue. I then glued four figures to 2 tongue depressors with a couple drops of the Elmer's glue each.
I let the figures dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the bases. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed them with Testor's "Dullcote".