Thursday, July 30, 2015

Cultists: Bones II Figures

   This week I also completed the pair of Cultists from the Bones II Expansion Pack I.   I figured they were a suitable follow-up to the Summoning Circle and Demi-Lich I did two weeks ago.
      I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying.  I then glued them each to a 1" black-primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue and glued the washers to a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer's White Glue. .
      I began by painting the figures both completely with Black.  I then drybrushed both with Folk Art "Settlers Blue"
     Next, I painted their decorative hangings with GW "Blood Red", and then did trim on them with  Americana "Cranberry Wine".   I then painted the pages of the book with Americana "Buttermilk".
      I painted their faces and hands with DecoArt "Flesh", and the handle of the knife with Americana
"Charcoal Grey".  I then went back and painted the teeth on the one with the book, using DecoArt "Light Antique White".  When these had had a sufficient amount of time to dry, I gave the flesh parts and the pages of the book all a wash with GW "Agrax Earthshade" wash using a wet brush.
     When the wash was good and dry, I began the doing the highlights.  First I highlighted the flesh parts using the base "Flesh".  I highlighted the teeth using the base "Light Antique White".  Then I highlighted the pages in the book with the base "Buttermilk".   I painted all the decorative buttons and skulls on their clothing, and the book, as well as the knife hilt with Ceramcoat "Bronze".  Next, I painted the blade of the knife with Folk Art "Silver Sterling"  I then added a fine "White" highlight line along the top edge of the knife.   Lastly, I painted the base with GW "Khemri Brown".
     I let the figures dry the rest of the day, and that night  I gave them a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish".  The next morning I sprayed them with Testor's "Dullcote" spray varnish.
    I'm pleased with how these fellows turned out.  Not the greatest paint job, but good enough for gaming use.


  1. A couple of straightforward and nice looking guys!

    1. Thanks!
      "We's just a cup'la upstandin' memba's of 'da community." :)