Monday, July 27, 2015

Bat & Cat Familiars: Figures 162 & 163 of 265

    I ended up with very little painting time this week; so by Thursday, I realized I wouldn't be able to get a figure done. My solution was to pull out the Familiars Set and selected the two simplest: the Bat and Cat.
     I prepped the figures in the usual way; soaking them in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying.  I then glued them each to a 5/8" black-primed fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue.
   I began by painting the figures both completely with Black.  I then drybrushed both with Folk Art "Settlers Blue"
     Next, I painted two pin point eyes on the bat with GW "Blood Red".  I then did eyes on the cat by painting them DecoArt "Wild Green", and then adding Black slit pupils.  I finished by painting the inside of the cat's ears with Americana "Shading Flesh".
    After the figures had overnight to dry, I gave them a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish".  The next morning I flocked the bases, and that afternoon I sprayed them with Testor's "Dullcote" spray varnish.
     Not the most stunning of figures,  but just the thing to get done during a busy week.

Figures 162 & 163; Complete

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I've got this set of familiars. The cat is due for a color change soon.

    ReplyDelete