This week I worked some more on the We Be Goblins! Pathfinder Goblins Set, painting two of the warriors. I prepped them in the usual way; soaking in water with a bit of dish soap added, giving a gentle scrub with an old soft toothbrush, then rinsing and drying. I then glued them to 7/8" fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then glued the washers to a tongue depressor with a couple small dabs of Elmer's white glue, for ease of handling during painting.
To begin with, I painted their skin with Anita's "Baby Blue". When this was dry, I gave the skin areas a wash with thinned Iron Wind Metals "Blue Ink".
When the ink wash was completely dry, I began painting the Goblins' outfits. I started with painting their tunics with Aleene's "Deep Khaki". Then I painted their loin "hangings/skirts" with GW "Snakebite Leather". Next, I did their "armor" plates with Accent "Mustard Seed". Their leggings I painted Citadel Foundation "Dheneb Stone", and their wrist wraps I painted Folk Art "Butter Pecan".
Now I worked on some of the detail bits. First, I painted the hair on both the Goblins with Folk Art "Medium Gray". I painted their teeth Americana "Buttermilk", and the assorted teeth hanging around their necks I painted with the "Buttermilk" as well. I also used the Buttermilk" to paint the skull and tusks(?) on the left-hand Goblin. I painted their tongues with Americana "Wedgwood Blue". Next, I painted the cords on the "armor" plates, and the necklace cords with Ceramcoat "Maple Sugar Tan". I painted the feathers on the right-hand Goblin's arms with Folk Art "Burgundy", and the pouches they both have on their rear belts with Anita's "Burnt Sienna". Finally, I painted the spear shafts with Americana "Mississippi Mud", and the sword grip with Americana "Asphaltum".
I now painted the spear-heads, and the sword with Ceramcoat "Metallic Pewter". I then painted the ball on the sword hilt with Folk Art "Metallic Blue Sapphire". When everything had had time to dry, I went back and carefully applied GW "Agrax Earthshade" wash to all the parts that weren't blue skin. I was as careful as I could be not to let it run onto the blue skin, except I applied small amounts to their eye sockets and mouths.
After the wash had had time to dry, I went back and added highlights. I began by drybrushing their hair with white paint. Then I highlighted the skin with the original "Baby Blue". This allowed me to cover any mistakes where wash, or the drybrushed white had gotten onto the blue. Next, I added eyes with the "Buttermilk", and then added black pupils. I also used the "Buttermilk" to highlight the teeth and bones. I highlighted the tongues with a mix of the "Wedgwood" and the "Baby Blue". I painted the hair tie on the left-hand Goblin with the "Burgundy". I then used the original clothing/armor colors to add highlights to all they were wearing. Lastly, I highlighted the blades of their spears and sword with Folk Art "Silver Sterling". My final step was to paint the figures' bases and washers with white.
I let the Goblins sit overnight, and the next morning I gave them a coat of Ceramcoat "Matte Varnish". Later that afternoon I flocked their bases, using Woodland Scenics snow flocking. The next day I gave them a coat of Testor's "Dullcote" spray varnish.
I'm again pleased with how these fellows turned out. Three more to go.
Figures 126 & 127: Complete