I prepped the figures in the usual way, soaking the parts in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving them a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying them. I then assembled the figures with Gorilla Superglue gel. After that, I glued them to 1.25" black-primed fender washers with Aleene's Tacky glue. I then glued the washers onto a tongue depressor with a couple drops of Elmer's white glue.
Next, I painted the rocks they are standing on with Americana "Charcoal"; and when dry, gave them a light drybrushing with some Crafter's Acrylic "Storm Cloud Grey". After that, I drybrushed them with some Crafter's Acrylic "Cool Blue", and then added a few "Snow White" highlights. Lastly, I painted the bases with Americana "Mississippi Mud".
I let all the figures dry overnight and the next day I gave them a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the bases. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed them with Testor's "Dullcote".
Not too bad, but not quite as glowy as I would like. Still I think it gets the idea of "Spirit Beast" across well enough.