This past week I kicked my painting for next month's Cold Wars convention into high gear. So, I didn't have a lot of time for painting Bones. Therefore, I selected the Monk from the Bones 4 Core Set Townsfolk group to work on since it's a simple figure.
I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. I then used some white glue to glue some fine sand to the base. When the sand was dry, I painted it with a coat of Americana "Raw Umber". When this was dry, I drybrushed the sand with the "Territorial Beige", and then with some of the "Butter Pecan"; lastly I drybrushed it with a little of the "Bleached Sand".
Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote".