Monday, November 25, 2019

Townsfolk Beggar: Bones 4 Figure

     This past week I didn't have a lot of time for painting, so I selected the Beggar from the Bones 4 Core Set Townsfolk group to work on.
     I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
      I began by painting his face, hands and foot with Reaper MSP "Tanned Shadow", and his pants with Americana "Charcoal Grey".  I then painted his tunic Pathfinder MSP "Medusa Green", and his cape with Americana "Neutral Grey".
Next, I painted his boots with Americana "Aspahltum", and his staff with Reaper MSP "Turkey Brown".  I then painted his bowl with Americana "Mississippi Mud", and then painted his hair with Crafter's Acrylic "Cinnamon Brown."  After that,  I painted his patches an assortment of colors I had sitting around the painting table.
      I painted his belt with Nicole's "Brown", and then let the figure dry for awhile. When the paint was good and dry, I began with the washes.  First I applied a coat of Citadel "Reikland Feleshade" wash to the face hands and foot.  When that was dry, I applied Citadel "Nuln Oil" wash to the cape.  When that was dry, I applied Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" to the rest of the figure.
     When all the washes were dry, I began work on the face, painting the eyes and his single tooth, and then highlighting all the skin with Reaper MSP "Tanned Skin" and "Tanned Highlight".  After that I highlighted the hair with Americana "Sable Brown", and then highlighted the pants with a mix of the "Mississippi Mud" and the base "Charcoal Grey".  After that I highlighted the tunic with Americana "Jade Green".
     Next, I highlighted the cape with some Crafter's Acrylic 'Storm Cloud Grey", and a bit of Americana "Grey Sky".  I then did the stitching on the back of the cape with Americana "Charcoal", and highlighted the boots with the "Cinnamon Brown".  After that I highlighted the staff with Folk Art "Butter Pecan", and the bowl with Americana "Fawn".  I then hit the clasp on the cape and his belt buckle with Accent "Princely Pewter".  Lastly, I did some quick highlighting n the patches, and then painted the entire base with the"Mississippi Mud".
      I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. I then used some white glue to glue some fine sand to the base.  When the sand was dry, I painted it with a coat of Americana "Raw Umber". When this was dry, I drybrushed the sand with Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige", and then with some of the "Butter Pecan"; lastly I drybrushed it with a little of the "Bleached Sand".
      Another overnight dry, and I sprayed the figure with Testor's Dullcote".


     A nice simple figure; not my best, but an easy and fun paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment