I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a pair of black-primed 1" fender washers, set adjacent to one another, with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
Next, I painted toucan-like markings on his beak, and did his eyes, with Ceramcoat "Black". I then went back and painted irises in the eyes with Americana "True Blue", and added in "Black" pupils and some "Snow White" highlight specks. Lastly, I painted the entire base with "Americana "Mississippi Mud".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's "Dullcote". When the "Dullcote" was dry, I went back and hit is eyes with a little Americana "DuraClear Gloss" varnish.
|I added this phone picture to show the size.|
This is a nice simple figure, and was an easy one to paint up. I'm generally pleased with how it turned out.