Monday, July 15, 2019

Townsfolk, Cooper: Bones 4 Figure

    This past week I painted the Cooper from the Bones 4 Core Townsfolk II set.  I thought it was about time I tackled one of the plain ol' Human figures from Bones 4! :)
     I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it.  I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
     I began by painting his face and arms with Reaper MSP "Tanned Skin".  I then painted his pants with Folk Art "Dark Brown", his shirt with Americana "Antique White", and his vest with Anita's Burnt Sienna".
    Next, I painted his boot with Americana "Bittersweet Chocolate", his hat with Vallejo Model Color "USA Olive Drab", and his belt and pouch with Americana "Asphaltum".  Then I painted his mallet with Americana "Sable Brown", the keg with Americana "Fawn",  and his scabbard with Accent "Real Umber".
          I then did his hair with Accent Mustard Seed and his belt buckle with Americana "Zinc".   I let the figure dry for a while, and then gave his face and arms a coat of Citadel "Reikland Fleshshade" wash.  When that was dry, I gave the rest of the figure a wash with Citadel "Agrax Earthshade" wash".  When the washes were good and dry, I painted his eyes, and then highlighted his skin with Reaper MSP Tanned Highlight".  I also highlighted his hair with Ceramcoat "Maple Sugar Tan".
     Next, I highlighted his shirt with the base "Antique White", and then some of the "Antique White" mixed with a little Americana "Bleached Sand".   I then highlighted his vest with some of the base "Burnt Sienna" mixed with a little Crafter's Acrylic "Orange Spice", and his pants with some Folk Art "Teddy Bear Brown".  After that, I highlighted his mallet and the keg both with some of the "Bleached Sand", and I highlighted his boots with Americana "Mississippi Mud".  Next, I highlighted his pouch and belt with Americana "Sable Brown",  his scabbard with Nicole's "Brown", and his hat with Reaper MSP "Turkey Brown".
     When I was done painting the figure, I used some white glue to glue some fine brown sand to the base.  When the sand was dry, I painted it with a coat of Americana "Raw Umber". When this was dry, I drybrushed the sand with Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige", and then with some Folk Art "Butter Pecan"; lastly I drybrushed it with a little Crafter's Acrylic "Light Antique White".
      I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish.    Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".

     It was nice to work on a relatively simple "normal" figure. :)  I think he turned out pretty well in the end.

6 comments: