This past week I wanted an easy to paint figure because of the pressing last minute painting I'm doing in preparation for Cold Wars this coming weekend. So, I picked the Basilisk out of my remaining Bones 2 pile.
I had no idea what a Basilisk was supposed to look like, so I turned to my old 1978 Monster Manual for Guidance. It's description describes them as being dull brown with yellowish underbellies and glowing pale green eyes; so thats the coloration I decided to go for.
I prepped the figure in the usual way, soaking it in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. I then glued the figure to a black-primed 1" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue, and then placed the figure in my painting grip.
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote".