I prepped this figure in the usual way; soaking the parts in a dish of water with a couple drops of dish-soap added, then giving it a light scrub with a soft toothbrush, and then rinsing and drying it. When dry, I glued his arms to his body, and when dry, I trimmed his base a little and then glued the figure to a black-primed 1.5" fender washer with Aleene's Tacky glue. I then placed the figure in my painting grip.
I then painted the netting draped over him with Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige", and his loincloth with Folk Art "Dapple Grey". After that, I painted the shaft of his billhook with Americana "Mississippi Mud".
I then gave the fins on his arms and legs a wash with some Iron Wind Metals "Mid Blue" ink. When all the washes were dry, I painted his eyes Reaper MSP "Holly Berry", and as I was doing it, realized I hadn't painted his teeth, so I did those with some Americana "Antique White, and when dry, gave them a wash with the "Agrax Earthshade". When dry, I highlighted them with some Crafter's Acrylic "Light Antique White".
While I was using the "Light Antique White", I also used it to clean up some of the bigger wash stains on his belly, and do some general belly highlighting. I realized I hadn't painted his claws, and so did those with some Americana "Terra Cotta". When dry, I gave them a wash with the Agrax Earthshade". Next, I highlighted his hands and feet with Americana "Tangerine". I didn't feel it was light enough, so went back an touched it up with some of the "Tangerine" mixed with some Crafter's Acrylic "Daffodil Yellow". After that, I highlighted the claws with some Accent "Golden Oxide". I then highlighted his fins with some Americana "Salem Blue", and his loin cloth with some of the original "Dapple Grey" mixed with some Americana "Jade Green". Next, I highlighted the shaft of his billhook with Americana "Khaki Tan", and the rope binding with some Reaper MSP "Olive Skin Highlight". I painted the metal part of the weapon with some Americana "Zinc", and when dry, went over it with some Folk Art Metallics "Gunmetal Grey". When that was dry, I gave it a wash with some Citadel "Nuln Oil wash; and when that dried, I did a few highlights with Ceramcoat "Metallic Silver".Lastly, I painted the figure's integral base with the "Bittersweet Chocolate".
I let the figure dry overnight and the next day I gave it a coat of Americana "DuraClear Matte" varnish. Then, when the varnish was dry, I used some white glue to flock the base. Another overnight dry, and I sprayed it with Testor's Dullcote". After the Dullcote was dry, I applied a little watered-down Woodland Scenics "Water Effects" to the edge of the base, to give a slight swamp effect.